Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Little Bird

     This morning I was awakened by a little bird chirping and singing so sweetly outside my bedroom window.  I don't know what kind of bird it was, but immediately I thought of the sparrow and the reference to them that Jesus makes in Matthew 10:29-31:

      "Not even a sparrow, worth only half a penny, 
can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.  
And the very hairs on your head are all numbered.  
So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to Him 
than a whole flock of sparrows."


     What a powerful message to be reminded of on days like today, when I feel small and unimportant.  I have to remember the value that Jesus places on my life, and internalize that as I think of my own worth as a person.  He doesn't say, "if you've lived this way," or "if you haven't done this or that,"  he says definitively, "you are more valuable to Him..."  That is what matters.  Looking forward to the future and doing our best to live for Him now is what matters.  The enemy will try his best to remind us of the past and what he wants us to believe that makes of us, but Jesus is about now, and He is ready in every moment to take us in.  He loves us for who we are right now.  I love the quote: "Persistence not Perfection."  He does not expect us to be perfect, only to try our best to be like Him in everything we do, in every decision we make.  When we fail to do that, the best outcome possible is to try to learn from it, not repeat it and help others to not make the same mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment