Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Poem I Wrote in 2003

     I was looking through some old books trying to find some contact information of old friends through the Pregnancy Care Center and found an old poem that I wrote when I was involved in a "Her Choice To Heal" Recovery Group, and thought that I would share it with you.  As I read over it, I thought it was very poignant and descriptive of the journey from abortion, through grief, and finally (thankfully) to healing.

My Path

Afraid, Alone, Abandoned
Trapped, Desperate, Unsure
Confused, Convinced, Resolved
Scared, Absurd, Hysterical
Relieved, Ashamed, Guilty
Denial, Numb, Rationalized
Demoralized, Angry, Vindictive
Self-Hate, Dehumanized, Exposed,
Painful, Depressed, Lonely
Sad, Guilt-Ridden, Overwhelmed
Overcome, Emotional, Explosive
Repentive, Hopeless, Powerless
Accused, Chastised, Mocked
Mercy, Hope, Forgiveness
Realization, Understanding, Self-Discovery
Purpose, Meaning, Goal-Oriented
Liberation, Freedom, Healing

By: Kim Ollis
Sept. 2003


No comments:

Post a Comment