Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Working Hard

     I'm working hard, and so is the team, at pulling together the pieces we need to start the new Interdenominational site, and it is very exciting to be following God's leading in my life.  It is a lot of work, and I knew it would be, isn't anything worth doing hard work?  May God be with us as I and our team pulls together over the next couple of months to prepare and plan for the first retreat in our new site.  We have a strong team of helpers and healers, and every single one of us has been through trials that have left us in need of healing, and we give all the glory to the one true Healer, Jesus!

     I'm so excited for the women and men who are coming, who don't even know they're coming yet.  I am so excited to meet them, to know them, to touch their lives, to watch God transform their lives, and to just be able to be a vessel and/or witness them healing.  I pray that each and every woman and man who is intended and ordained by God to be there, will reach out to Oaks Studio and follow His leading in their lives.  Many are praying for us.  Many are asking God to move.  And I, for one, can't wait to see what He is up to.  What a blessing to be called in this way, to serve in this delicate matter, to seek to fulfill my purpose here.  I used to wonder, why did I do this?  I just couldn't comprehend my abortion choices, they didn't make sense to me; they were the ANTI-me.  And one day I realized, if I hadn't made those choices I wouldn't be able to serve in this way, and I can't imagine that.  I can't imagine, now that God has shown me the purpose He has for me, I can't fathom NOT doing what I'm seeking to do, what I AM doing.  Was that why they were  so agonizing for me?  Was that why the entire process was so traumatic for me?  It was so against my spirit, my nature, my true desires, that I had an all out war raging inside me, yet I finished it, I went through with it.  If I had not, there would be no Oaks Studio today, there would be no new group assembled to serve in our new site, there would be no looking forward to watching and participating in the healing of others' pain, no facilitating or aiding in that healing.  God's plan, and His timing.  Now, that doesn't mean "God made me do it," please, don't misunderstand what I'm saying.  I am saying, God knew what I was going to do, before I did it!  And just as in Jacob's story of his jealous brothers, "evil meant it for bad, but God meant it for good."  You see, only God, in all of His infinite wisdom, could create something beautiful out of something as wretched as abortion.  Only He could create healing from death and sorrow.  Romans 8:28 reminds us, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."  I do believe this.  I will always believe this.

No comments:

Post a Comment