Sunday, February 26, 2012

May God Bless Her

     I have been blown away and bothered by the death of Whitney Houston this past week.  She was only a few years older than I am.  I was a big fan of hers in my younger days, and always saw her as a beautiful and talented woman.  She will be dearly missed by her family and fans.

     The other day a dear friend, that I co-facilitate with at Rachel's Vineyard Retreats, sent me the lyrics to one of Whitney Houston's songs, which speaks of a pregnancy loss from abortion.  The words beautifully render the thoughts and feelings a post abortive mother has, when she regrets her choice and is wracked with pain from it.  I don't know if Ms. Houston had an abortion or not, I just know that her lyrics to this song are so truthful and insightful as they hold up a mirror to the post abortive.  Certainly, her lifelong struggle with alcohol and drug addiction would be fitting a person who suffered from an enormous amount of emotional pain.  I share these lyrics here with you now, and send prayers of healing and hope to her family, friends and fans, and say for sure, that this song has touched many, many individuals who have suffered a child loss through abortion, and through her work, she will live on and on.
________________________________________________________________
 
Whitney Houston-In Memoriam
August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012

We will miss this beautiful, talented mother who inspired us all with her music. Dr. Theresa Burke mentions Whitney Houston in her presentation on post-abortive trauma and celebrities. Please see the lyrics below to a beautiful song about post-abortion pain by Whitney Houston:

How could I throw away a miracle?
How could I face another day?
It's all of my doing, I made a choice
And today, I pay
My heart is full of pain

How could you understand, the way I feel?
How could you relate to so much pain?
Seems as though nothing can comfort me
So today, I pray
That someone should listen, for...

Chorus:
Nothing should matter
Not when love grows inside you
The choice is yours
There's a miracle in store...
Nothing should matter
Not when love grows inside you
A voice of love is crying out
Don't throw love away
There's a miracle in store...

How could I let go of a miracle?
Nothing could ever take its place
Thought I was looking, out for myself
Now it seems the pain
Is all that I have gained
I wonder if I could be your miracle
I wonder if I could spare you pain
Seems as though nothing will comfort me
Lord, less today, I pray
That you should come listen

Chorus 
 

Don't ever throw away your miracle
Don't let it slip away
Nothing should matter

Chorus
_______________________________________________________________________

     May God Bless her for the bravery it took to give a voice to post abortive pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment